When Great British Bake Off contestant Luis Troyano popped in earlier this year, the bread week star baker gave us a few (rather unconventional) tips for making bread. So if you like a loaf and are not afraid to get your hands dirty take a look at these seven bread making tips Luis left with us:
- When shaping bread don’t use rice flour
- If it’s a good dough it shouldn’t be sticking to the surface
- Bread is cooked at 96 degrees Celsius so you can use a therma pen to check
- When filling bread use dry ingredients like cured meats and dried olives
- Like a cheesy bread? Then use a Cheshire cheese or Parmesan as it won’t disappear.
Hopefully these will help any budding bread makers but if you have your own tips then we’s love to hear them!