There are many reasons not to like ironing…
- the aching you get in one arm because you can’t iron with both hands
- the fact that there’s always a crease that wins the iron VS crease battle (even though the iron usually wins the war)
- when you always have to refill the water just as you’re getting into your stride
- When pressing the steam button, nothing seems to happen and when you lift the iron to check, there’s your blast of steam
- and how do you clean an iron anyway?!!?
According to research from 2012 families spend an average of 160 hours a year eliminating unwanted creases from clothing, adding up to around a year-and-a-half over a lifetime. But the latest irons have changed the face of…erm… ironing with their efforts to make this dull chore quicker and easier.
Here’s five reasons why getting a steam generator iron could change your face when you think about ironing!
- It has a high level of constant steam which glides through stubborn creases easily, helping to reduce your time spent ironing
- With a larger water capacity you can iron for longer, without breaking your flow.
- It will clean itself when it’s ready which means no white crusty limescale on your clothes
- It takes just two minutes to heat up so you can get it over and done with quicker!
- They have electronic controls making them even easier to understand.
Not convinced? Don’t think a getting an iron upgrade will change the way you feel about ironing? Then you may need to consider just recycle your ironing board. Here are a few ways to reuse your ironing board…
- Recycle it and use it for storage
- As a work bench
- In the garden