For Fairtrade Fortnight this year we are growing a story as we are raising awareness of our on.coop/growingstories website which connects customers to Fairtrade producers.
Do you remember playing the “I went to the shop and I bought” came when you were a kid? Maybe it’s a family favourite for long trips now? To explain the first person starts with “I went to the shop and I bought…”, the next person repeats what the first person says and adds something. The next person says what the first, two people say and then adds something and so it goes on.
This is how we’ll grow our story over Fairtrade Fortnight.
So the story begins:
And there are two ways you can play along:
1. Share a picture on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram of one of the products we mention in the story using the #growingstories hashtag.
2. Share a video of you playing the game with us by either copying our video or by taking our video as the start and adding a Fairtrade product to the list.
By the end of the Fortnight we’ll be trying to remember 14 products – is your memory that good?
By playing along you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win Co-op vouchers and you can see the terms and conditions below.
We’re looking forward to seeing where you take the story!
GROWING STORIES PRIZE DRAW – Terms and Conditions:
PROMOTER: Co-operative Group Limited (525R), trading as The Co-operative Group, with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester M60 0AG
- This prize draw consisting of twenty prizes is open to all UK residents aged 18 and above excluding anyone who is connected with the administration of this promotion.
- Access to a computer and the internet is required. Entry is online only. Entrants must have an active Twitter account, and/or Facebook account and/or Instagram account. No purchase is necessary. You may enter this prize draw as many times as you like.
- The prize draw will run from 9.00 on 29th Feb 2016 to 23:59 on 13th March 2016 (the “Promotional Period”). Only entries meeting the criteria outlined in paragraphs 4 – 7 below which are received within the Promotional Period will be entered into the respective prize draw. Any entries made outside of the Promotional Period will not be entered.
Photo Prize Draw
- There will be 14 ‘I went to the shop and I bought…” promotional videos shared from the Cooperative Twitter account during the Promotional Period. To enter on Twitter, entrants must follow the Twitter profile @thecooperative and share a photo featuring a Fairtrade product mentioned in one of the promotional videos within the Promotional Period using #growingstories.
- There will be 14 promotional Facebook posts featuring a “I went to the shop and I bought…” video shared from the Co-operative Facebook page during the Promotional Period. To enter on Facebook, entrants must comment on a promotional post with a photo featuring a Fairtrade product mentioned in the video using the #growingstories within the Promotional Period.
- There will be “I went to the shop and bought” promotional videos featured on Instagram and other social media channels as mentioned above. To enter on Instagram, entrants must follow the Instagram profile @cooperativegroup and share a photo featuring a Fairtrade product mentioned in one of the videos within the Promotional Period using the #growingstories.
Video Prize Draw
- To enter entrants must follow the Twitter profile @thecooperative or Instagram profile @cooperativegroup and share a video starting with “I went to the shop and I bought a Fairtrade…” the Promotional Period using the #growingstories .
This can either be a version of the video posted by @thecoopertive on Twitter each day, or your own creation featuring Fairtrade products.
Intellectual Property Rights in entries
- By entering this promotion an entrant represents and warrants to the Promoter and its subsidiaries that:
- their entry is an original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe the rights of any third parties;
- if any person features in their entry, that person has consented to appearing in the entry and the entry being submitted into this prize draw. If any person under 18 appears, the entrant confirms that consent of that person’s parent or guardian has been obtained.
- there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict usage of their entry or the content in it; and
- the entrant will not be in breach of any express or implied term of any contract or other obligation that is binding on them.
- Each entrant undertakes to indemnify the Promoter and its subsidiaries against any loss, liability, claim or action which the Promoter and/or any subsidiary of the Promoter may suffer arising out of, in connection with or as a result of that entrant being in breach of any of its obligations under clause 8 above.
- Each entrant agrees that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make any aspect of their entry, available on its website and/or in any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of this promotion.
- Each entrant agrees to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in their entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the entry for such purposes.
- Ten winners will be drawn from the total photo prize draw entrants across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and ten winners will be drawn from the total video prize draw entrants, by a process of random selection, using a randomiser. Winners will be drawn by Tuesday 14th April.
- There are twenty prizes in total. There will be 10 winners from the Photo prize draw each receiving £50 of Co-operative Vouchers (5 x £10). There will be 10 winners from the Video prize draw each receiving £100 of Co-operative Vouchers (10 x £10). The prize must be accepted as offered; it cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative.
- The winners will be notified on Twitter by direct message , on Instagram via a comment, or by being tagged in a comment on the promoted post comments thread on Facebook (using the Twitter or Facebook profile ID used by the winner at point of entry) by 14th April 2016 and will be required to respond to the direct message or private message in order to accept the prize and provide their postal address before the prize can be delivered. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or incorrect postal address provided. Email is not a secure method of communication and any such transmission is sent at the sender’s own risk.
- The name and county of residence of each winner will be available within six weeks after the closing date by sending a SAE to Growing Stories Prize Draw 11th Floor, 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG.
- In the event that contact cannot be made with the winner by 30th April 2015 23:59pm or a UK address is not provided, then the original winner will forfeit the prize.
- Each winner should allow 28 days from providing their details for delivery of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost or delayed in the post. The prize will be delivered to a UK address only (postage included).
- The Promoter will not be liable for entries which are not received or which are incomplete, corrupt or delayed for any reason. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries are not limited but entrants are discouraged from creating multiple Twitter accounts and Facebook profiles for the purposes of entering the prize draw. Any entrant found to have done so may be excluded at the discretion of the Promoter.
- Entries that are deemed by the Promoter to be offensive or to constitute spam may be disqualified at the discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter also reserves the right to disqualify from the promotion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will not be liable for system failures, network errors, errors or unavailability to the Twitter website, Instagram website, Facebook website or the entrant’s Twitter account, Instagram account or Facebook account, hacks on the system or personal computer/mobile device issues.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to cancel this promotion in whole or part without prior notice and without liability in the event of circumstances that make it necessary to do so.
- The Promoter’s decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions) and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and neither Twitter nor Instagram nor Facebook shall be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions. The entrant is providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
- By entering this promotion the entrant agrees that the Promoter may use their name/handle, and/or entry post for promotional purposes, including but not limited to on the Promoter’s website, social media, within the Promoter’s magazine or within promotional emails. The winners may be required to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion. No compensation shall be awarded for such participation.
- The Promoter may collect personal information from entrants under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Unless the entrant has expressly consented to the use of their personal information for future marketing purposes or if the entrant is selected as the winner, the entrant’s personal information will be used by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this promotion only.
- Entry to this promotion shall constitute the entrant’s acceptance of these terms and conditions and agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the prize draw. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, then the entrant should not enter this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available on the Promoter’s Twitter feed, Facebook page and website.
- This promotion and the terms and conditions are governed by the law of England and Wales.