311 words, approx. 2.5 minutes to read.

My name’s Kristina and I’m a Member Pioneer in Rochdale. I’ve always been involved with my local community and love raising money for charity, so being a Member Pioneer is an amazing opportunity for me to do more.

I really want to bring people together. We can achieve so much when we put our mind to it, so I’m here to connect people and help any way that I can.

The Rochdale Member Pioneer

I’m proud to come from Rochdale, it’s the heartland of the Co-op and people around here love feeling connected to the brand and their community.

I work in a food store in Rochdale and it was actually my colleagues that put me forward for the Member Pioneer role. They thought I would be a great fit because of my charity work and the fact that I love bringing people together. They weren’t wrong, I’m really enjoying the work I’ve done so far.

At the heart of the community

The best thing about being a Member Pioneer who also works in a food store is that you’re right there in the community, talking to customers who live in the area every day. They’re the ones affected by issues and once you get chatting you find out about what needs to be done.

I’ve been working with the schools in my local area and I’d like to reach out to more elderly people in the future. It would be great to arrange a coffee morning to bring people together and help them feel less lonely. It’s just a small thing but I think it will make a big difference.

My main goal for being a Member Pioneer is to get more people involved in making our community a better place to live. We can do so much if we work together and get things done.

Kristina
Member Pioneer, Rochdale

1. Fantastic Kristina! I’m a NW Council Member based in Bolton. Please let me know if I can do anything to help or be part of any of your initiatives. Good luck, Jan Barnett

2. That’s exactly how I feel we all should do we are only here once so we should all pull together

3. That’s exactly how I feel too. I was community pioneer in my store until it stopped in May. I’m now waiting for it too come available again in my area to apply. But I have not stopped doing my community and charity work for local groups in my area .

4. Well done xx

5. Hi Kristina & All,
    I am an old ish Co-op member and have been involved in Co-op membership and community activities for many years . I am so pleased to see so many new and younger people getting involved with the Co-op movement and making a real difference to their local communities . I am so impressed I have just applied to be a Pioneer Member in my local area of Dartford in Kent . Keep up the good work Co-ops are such a great way to do business and make a difference for the better in peoples lives. I do hope I can manage the social media O K !!!!
    Best Wishes Tom Maddison.

6. […] Kristina, a Member Pioneer in Rochdale. Since April I’ve been doing what I love best – bringing people together in my […]