536 words approx. 2.5 minute to read.
Finding vegan food conveniently can be a challenge. We’re always working on new vegan products. Whether you follow a vegan diet day-to-day, you’re flexitarian or you just enjoy vegan options, we think you’ll love our Autumn additions.
New vegan products on our shelves
We’ve added some new products to our vegan range to include hearty prepared meals and delicious snacks, such as our:
- Lentil Dahl Soup, with carrot, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, chickpeas and lentils. It’s low fat, 1 of your 5 a day and only 113kcal per serving
- Three Bean Chilli, with cannellini beans, red kidney beans and black turtle beans in a tomato and chilli sauce, with seasonal red and yellow pepper rice
- Frozen Butternut Squash and Quinoa Roast, with an apple and plum sauce. Its low in sat fat, high in protein and a source of fibre
Our lunch time offer also has some new options, such as our:
- Onion Bhaji Sandwich, which is low in sat fat and only 365kcal per pack
- Red Pepper and Kalamata Olive Pasta, with whole wheat pasta in a tomato and harissa dressing with roasted pepper, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, pine nuts and spinach. It’s low in sat fat, a source of fibre, 1 of your 5 a day
- Coconut and Cauliflower Meal Pot, with mixed grains with cauliflower, coconut milk, broccoli, lentils, red pepper, roasted sweet potato and mango chutney with a blend of spices. It’s 1 of your 5 a day, low in fat, source of fibre and protein
What other vegan products are available?
We offer a range of vegan options at our stores, from our very popular Jam and Custard Doughnuts, both of which are vegan, popcorn, as well as a number of our wines. It’s not just food and drink either, all our household cleaning products are cruelty free and many of them are vegan too.
You can also view the full list of Vegan products availablie in the Co-op. Please note however that our 2500+ stores are all different shapes and sizes, therefore stock is not always identical.
How can I identify vegan products at Co-op stores?
You can easily identify which our of Co-op own brand products by the “V” vegetarian & vegan symbol.
Need some vegan inspiration?
Looking to try a vegan diet?
Moving towards a more plant based diet can have benefits for your personal health and the health of the planet. The lower the meat, fish and dairy content, the lower the environmental impact. Find out more about some of the environmental and health benefits of reducing meat intake on the Eating Better Coalition website. You can also calculate your carbon footprint and see how you match up against the UK average.
If you are following a vegan diet, make sure you are keeping a balanced intake of all your key food groups, the Government’s Eat Well guide shows you what your breakdown should be and encourages us to eat more beans and pulses.
Assistant Diet and Health Manager