234 words approx 1 minute to read.
Our Co-op was the first, and continues to be the only retailer to have a 100% Fairtrade chocolate confectionery range, which means that all the Co-op chocolate you buy this Christmas supports Fairtrade producers around the world.
We’ve been championing Fairtrade chocolate at Co-op for 15 years, so it’s safe to say our recipe is spot on. Our Co-op Irresistible chocolate range is the epitome of indulgence and includes exquisite and complex flavours, sourced from the world’s best in class. This year there are lots of delicious chocolate treats being added to our range:
- Co-op Milk Chocolate Satsumas, £1.50 – foil wrapped hollow chocolate spheres, flavoured with orange oil
- Co-op Boozy Baubles, £3.50 – a selection of milk chocolate truffles infused with: Prosecco and Marc de Champagne with a gold shimmer, spiced rum truffles with a bronze lustre, mulled wine truffles with a red lustre and a white chocolate star. Made with Belgian chocolate
- Co-op Artist’s Collection, £6.00 – a vibrant selection of milk, white and dark chocolates with sensational flavoured truffle praline and caramel centres
- Co-op Chocolate Elf and Santa lolly, £1.00 each
- Co-op Advent Calendar, £1.00
It’s not just our chocolate bars – every time you buy a Co-op product containing cocoa, you know it’s fairly sourced – every single sprinkle, from our chocolate cake to biscuits. We only use cocoa bought on Fairtrade terms in all our products, supporting producers with an extra £400k of premium each year.
Fairtrade Strategy Manager