co-op member at the york road project in woking

197 words approx. 2 minutes to read

The York Road Project based in Woking, believes that everyone has a right to a home regardless of issues they may face. They offer assistance to help people get a roof over their head and help with CV writing, form filling and provide discussion groups.

I chose the York Road Project to contribute to as part of Co-op’s Local Community Fund as I have an interest in helping to defeat homelessness. I feel good that I, along with other Co-op Members, am helping support my community through my daily shop.

“We want to pay for local homeless and marginalised adults to go to Woking Leisure centre and take part in sport with coaches and equipment. We want to provide weekly sport sessions, where they take part in table tennis tournaments, badminton & football inside.” York Road Project

I shop at my local Co-op everyday, which is where I found out about the Local Community Fund. As a member, when you buy selected Co-op products and services from the Co-op Group, 1% goes to your chosen local community cause. You also get 5% back on your Membership card to spend at Co-op.

Andy
Co-op Member

Read more about how you can help your local community;

1. Indeed, there but for the grace of god go I

2. Hi Mark,

We’re investing £50m to cut the cost of everyday food, https://coop.uk/2JCbnsC. It’s also worth reminding you that we’re a convenience store, not a superstore or discount retailer. We don’t claim to be the cheapest, and cheapest isn’t always best but we are competitive and lead the way in Fairtrade, 100% British Meat and Cruelty-Free. http://coop.uk/2lebdNS

^Ahmad

3. I have been a Co-op member since i married,52yrs ago and don’t find the prices much different. I don’t pay tax so that indicates my income,retired and a widow 14yrs. People need to realize cheap food usually comes at a cost to the producers!. Its interesting to note how other supermarkets are getting on board Fair Trade and British.

4. Co-op is so expensive instead of trying to reduce food waste why not sell it cheap

5. I was considering joining CO OP energy for dual fuel but the reviews are poor. Improve the services.

6. I am sorry i. cannot shop at the co op every day there is no co op near me

7. Greetings to the York Street Project from Chorley Help The Homeless in Lancashire.

8. We should all try and do more for this cause as homelessness can happen to anyone at any time.

9. Very interesting and informative. We could do more people who are able to assist those who need support in their lives.

• 100% Agree .” There but for the grace of God go I ” is an old saying but the meaning s of which is applicable to whoever we are or what ever our creed .