403 words approx. 2 mins to read.
We know many of our customers and members follow a vegan or vegetarian diet. So, this year we’ve introduced a number of new vegan and vegetarian products to our Christmas range, so whether you follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, or have a vegan or veggie joining you for Christmas, we’ve got something to help you pull together the perfect Christmas dinner. After all, Christmas is better together.
Vegan products and plant-based Christmas recipe ideas
From Co-op wine to freshly baked in-store doughnuts, our everyday Co-op vegan range is always evolving and this year we’ve been working on some festive vegan treats:
- Co-op Festive Stuffing Wreath with pomegranate glaze
- Co-op Cranberry and Winterberry Jelly Terrine
- Co-op Pink Gin and Raspberry Jelly Shots
- Co-op Moroccan-Style Fritters with Apricot Chutney
- Co-op Irresistible Beetroot Bhajis And Cauliflower Bondas
- Co-op Free From Christmas Fruit Cake Stacker
- Co-op Free From Christmas Cranberry & Orange Stacker
- Co-op Vegan Bubble and Squeak Sandwich
- Co-op Irresistible Mince Pies
If you prefer to roll up your sleeves and cook from scratch at Christmas, our website has some fantastic vegan recipes to try too. From indulgent starters like Cauliflower and spiced chickpea soup, Onion tarte tatin with port glaze, tasty mains like Parsnip and rosemary risotto and Mushroom and nut roast to irresistible desserts like our Fruity crumble crisp.
Vegetarian products and veggie Christmas recipe ideas
We’re always working on delicious meat-free products to stock our shelves, and this year our Christmas range has some fantastic vegetarian products worth trying:
- Co-op Vintage Cheddar and Caramelised Onion Chutney Souffles
- Co-op Butternut, Goat’s Cheese & Red Onion Vegetable Cake
- Co-op Irresistible Mushroom Wellington
- Co-op Brie and Cranberry Sandwich
- Co-op Irresistible Vintage Cheddar & Balsamic Onion Mini Tarts
- Co-op Arancini Bites
- Co-op Cheese And Tomato Souflettes
- Co-op Cheese Bite Selection
- Co-op Indian Snack Selection
- Co-op American Selection Pack
- Co-op Mac Cheese Bites
Our website and magazine also have a loads of vegetarian recipes to try too. We’ve got some great main ideas such as the Rosemary and thyme potato Christmas trees – herby potato stacks oozing with melted Stilton and a Creamy Brussels sprout bake, plus some amazing desserts like the Poached pear tart with orange crème fraîche and Whisky and clementine trifles. But my favourite two recipes have to be themBaked Brie with caramelised balsamic onions and Churro Christmas tree, which can be be prepped the night before to bake in the morning.
We’d love to know what you think of our vegan and vegetarian treats this year, so do tweet us or tag us on Instagram @coopukfood.
Senior Product Developer – Chilled Prepared
Read more on product innovation at our Co-op;
- Your gluten free Christmas at Co-op
- Together we’re helping fight modern slavery, by buying Co-op Christmas sandwiches
- Vegetarian products at your Co-op
*Products referred to are stocked in participating stores and available while stocks last. Some products may have limited availability. Varieties as stocked.