434 words approx. 2 minutes to read
Our Co-op branded confectionery range was the first, and continues to be the only major retailer brand range in British grocery, to include only 100% Fairtrade chocolate. This means that when Co-op Members buy Co-op chocolate this Christmas, they’re not only supporting local causes through their 1% community reward, but they’re also supporting Fairtrade producers in communities in the world.
Supporting Fairtrade communities around the world
We know that looking after those who produce our food is important to Co-op Members and our customers, which is why we’ve been championing Fairtrade for over 20 years.
It’s not just our Co-op branded chocolate bars. Every time you buy a Co-op product containing cocoa, you know it’s fairly sourced, every single sprinkle, from our chocolate cake to biscuits. Our 100% Fairtrade cocoa commitment invests £450,000 of additional Fairtrade Premium to cocoa-producing communities, funding life-changing projects such as building schools, community centres and a Women’s School of Leadership. Having recently visited our cocoa producers at the Ivory Coast I have seen first hand the difference that this makes, so watch out for #FairtradeFortnight when we’ll be sharing more on the communities who benefit.
Supporting communities locally in the UK
By buying Co-op branded products like our Fairtrade Christmas chocolate, Co-op Members support local communities in the UK too.
When Co-op Members buy selected Co-op branded products they earn 5% back for them and 1% back for their choice of local cause*. Thanks to Co-op Members swiping their little blue card when buying these selected products, we’ve just given £19 million to over 4000 cause across the UK.
Taste our Fairtrade Christmas chocolate range
Our Co-op chocolate range is as fantastic as ever. We have everything you could want, from indulgent flavours sourced from the world’s best in class to fun festive treats to put a smile on someone’s face. Here’s some of what you can find in our stores**:
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Artist collection
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Winter Desserts collection
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Prosecco Truffles
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Salted Caramel Truffles
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Belgian Chocolate Seashells
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Milk Chocolate Flaked Truffles
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Mint Selection
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Black Forest Cherry Brandy Liquors
- Co-op Fairtrade Irresistible Clementine Crunch Chocolate Dipped Honeycomb
- Co-op Fairtrade Santa’s Snowballs foiled chocolate net
- Co-op Fairtrade Elfie’s tree decorations
- Co-op Fairtrade Chocolate Rudolf and Snowman lollies
- Co-op Fairtrade Santa’s milk chocolate coins
- Co-op Fairtrade Snowman’s white chocolate coins
We’d love to know what you think of our Christmas chocolate range this year, so tweet us and tag us on Instagram @coopukfood.
Senior Buyer Confectionery
Read more on product innovation at our Co-op;
- All Co-op branded fresh pork is 100% British and outdoor-bred
- Your gluten free Christmas at Co-op
- We’ve removed over 328 million teaspoons of sugar from Co‑op branded products
*Applies when Members buy selected Co-op branded products and services from selected Co-op Group businesses. 5% to spend on future purchases. Offer not available in independent societies including Midcounties, Central England, Southern or Chelmsford Star co-operatives or in non-Co-op branded stores (such as NISA or Costcutter). Exclusions and restrictions apply see Membership T&Cs at www.coop.co.uk/terms/membership-terms-and-conditions.
**Products referred to are stocked in participating stores and available while stocks lasts. Some products may have limited availability. Varieties as stocked.