Approx 481 words. 2.5 mins to read.
We’re approaching festival season, but without being able to attend in person, it’s time we looked at holding our own instead. So say goodbye to sleeping in tents, lukewarm beer and muddy wellies! We want to help you recreate those festival feels with lip-smacking food-stall snacks, the ultimate playlist and a garden that’s worthy of your favourite headline acts.
Crack out your colourful crockery and enjoy some delicious festival food. A little bit of prep in the kitchen will allow you to enjoy the day and spend more time dancing. Satisfy those savoury cravings with an Indian-style rice bowl with vibrant turmeric eggs, or these spiced Mexican cobs, great on the side of a BBQ. Otherwise, stock up on street food staples like chicken and waffles with tasty mac n cheese toasties – bacon is optional but recommended! There’s plenty of food and drink available in store, too – from snacks to picnic nibbles and beers and spirits – see the checklist below for our favourites. Or, if it’s a fancy cocktail you’re after, we’ve got plenty of refreshing recipes at coop.co.uk/recipes. Our festival pick is the pineapple and strawberry punch, perfect for sharing!
You may not be stomping your wellies in the mud to your fave tunes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a garden disco! Create a playlist full of festival classics – think indie, rock, a little bit of R&B, plus some cheesy pop hits to get the party started. Whether it’s Bowie or Beyoncé, experience your dream festival set from the comfort of your own garden.
Glastonbury in the garden
Don’t just throw fairy lights on the fence and hope for the best. Get creative with paper lanterns and bunting. Create a cosy area for late-night tunes with big cushions, beanbags and blankets, and get boho with your props. Keep the festival vibes going as the sun sets with funky lights, lanterns and outdoor candles. The chances of unpredictable British weather may be high, so keep an eye on your old camping gear, or gather old sheets for a makeshift tipi.
- Vegans and meat-eaters alike will be pining the Co-op GRO The Chick’n Burger, 240g; a succulent chicken-style patty in an oh-so-crispy crumb
- Savoury soy sauce and fiery chilli join forces in both marinade and sauce for these delicious Co-op Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs, 340g
- Bring the flavours of Korea to the table with these superb Co-op Asian Style Pork Belly Slices, 340g; juicy British pork with spices, ginger, soy and chilli
- Set the scene just right by picking up a pack of 10 Bulb String Lights in-store, perfect for setting the mood
- Pick up a bottle of Co-op Irresistible Prosecco or Co-op Irresistible Eight Acres sparkling Rose in-store to enjoy chilled.
- Brighten your spread with our fab range of picnicware: try our Bamboo Fibre Side Plates, Dinner Plates and Bowls alongside our vibrant picnic blanket.
Co-op Assistant Partnerships Manager