293 words approx. 1.5 minutes to read
When our members buy selected Co-op branded products and services, 2p for every pound spent goes to community causes, targeting communities that need the extra help the most.
And it soon adds up, because thanks in-part to members’ contribution over the last year, this week we’re celebrating a £15 million Payout for over 4,500 local causes!
We’re taking our Payout celebration online
Together with local causes, colleagues and members, we’re celebrating the impact we can all make in our local communities, thanks to Co-op Membership. Only this year, our Payout celebrations will be a little different.
Instead of gathering in Food stores and Funeral Homes across the country, over a slice of cake and a natter, this year we’ll be moving online, to keep everyone safe.
There are many ways you can join the celebrations online:
- Find out how local causes are making a difference in our communities by following @coopuk on social media and visiting our website.
- Tweet #ItsWhatWeDo for a surprise.
- Use our profile picture frame on Facebook, search for ‘Co-op payout celebration’. Use our profile picture Twibbon on Twitter.
- Join us for an online quiz, hosted by world record-breaking YouTube quizmaster Jay Flynn MBE of Jay’s Virtual Pub Quiz and learn how Co-op are supporting local causes across the UK. Join the quiz on Thursday 19 November from 8pm on YouTube.
- Step into an augmented virtual celebration on your mobile device to pop, blow and release balloons and find out how your local community benefits from this year’s Payout.
Join in and become a Co-op Member
As well as supporting your local community, being a Co-op Member offers you a helping hand too. Co-op Members receive exclusive member deals from Food, Funeralcare, Insurance and Legal Services as well as personalised offers every week, chosen just for you.
Director of Community, Co-op