1. THE PROMOTER: This competition is operated by Co-operative Group Limited, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 525R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This competition opens on 12.10.17 and closes on 31.10.17. Any entries made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be entered into this competition.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to any Co-op employee aged 16 or over who is employed by Co-op Group Limited. However, employees of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies) who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this competition are excluded from entering this competition. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and if you win claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age and employment.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
Step 1 – To enter, comment on the “Co-op Colleagues” Facebook post on the “Co-op Colleagues” Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Coopukcolleagues/ which will be posted on 12.10.17 inviting followers to apply for £10 Co-op Food gift card and enter this competition.
To enter, the entrant must 1. Like the “Co-op Colleagues” Facebook page using an active Facebook account 2. Post a comment on the Facebook Post by no later than 15.10.17. The first 50 Facebook users to do this will receive a gift card to spend on ingredients to be used for this competition (Successful Entrants). There will be 50 gift cards available which will be allocated to those who comment on the Facebook Post on a first come first served basis. Successful Entrants will be notified by direct message via the Facebook account they entered this competition by 15.10.17 and we will agree a postal address to which the voucher will be delivered. Maximum 1 entry per person. If Successful Entrants do not respond within 1 working day of being notified by us (or do not provide a valid postal address), then the Successful Entrant’s gift card will be forfeited Recipients should allow 3 days for delivery of the voucher to the agreed postal address.
Gift Cards – The gift cards will be a £10 Co-op gift card to spend in Co-op Group Food stores. Redemption of the gift card is subject to the terms and conditions printed or referred to thereon (including redemption before the expiry date, if stated). The gift card is not exchangeable and no cash alternative can be requested. The gift card is provided at our discretion and we may substitute or change the gift card for something of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
Step 2 Successful Entrants who have received a gift card should use this gift card to purchase ingredients to make their signature bake, take a photo of their bake and then post the photo to the Co-op Colleague Facebook page wall (found here: http://www.facebook.com/coopukcolleagues) by 22.10.17. All entries will then be judged in accordance with Step 2 in clause 5 below and the best 3 entries (as chosen by the judge) will then be put forward into the final (Step 3).
Step 3 – The winners of round one will then be put forward into the final. The final consists of these 3 entries being posted on the Co-op Colleague Facebook page by the promoter. The three winners that are entered into the final will recieve a £20 Gift Card for their final Halloween Bake.
5. WINNER SELECTION
Step 1 – The final consists of these 3 entries being posted on the Co-op Colleague Facebook page by the promoter during a Facebook Live broadcast on 31 October 2017. Members of the Co-op colleagues Facebook page who visit the Facebook page on this date will be able to vote for their favourite signature bake (out of the 3 remaining entries posted). Maximum 1 vote per Facebook user. The final winner will be the signature bake that has received the most votes from colleagues between 4pm – 9pm on 31 October 2017. Details of the number of votes cast and how they were allocated between the 3 remaining entries can be sending an SAE to Social Team, 8th Floor, 1 Angel Square, NOMA, Manchester, M60 0AG no earlier than 14 days after the closing date of the competition.
Step 1 – The 50 Successful Entrants who will receive a gift card will be notified in accordance with Step 1 in clause 4.
Step 2 – The three winners from round one will be notified in a PM. (Private Message)
Step 3 – We will contact the final winner (chosen in accordance with Step 3 in clause 5) within 3 of days after the date the winner is chosen by the public. We will try to contact the winner by a Facebook private message. If the winner does not respond within 7 days of being notified then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the entry that received the second highest number of public votes (in accordance with the process described in Step 3 in clause 5) will be chosen.
7. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER AND JUDGE: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the competition, this will be decided by us. The decisions made by the judge and public in relation to the winners are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. Our decision regarding any other aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
8. WINNER LIST: Winner’s name, respective county (if known) of residence and copies of winning entries can be obtained by sending an SAE to Social Team, 8th Floor, 1 Angel Square, NOMA, Manchester, M60 0AG no earlier than 14 of days after the closing date of the competition.
9. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this competition shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the competition.
10. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any voucher and/or prize and disqualify you from the competition if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty (including any entries deemed by the promoter to be offensive or constitutes spam). The promoter doesn’t accept liability for the content and accuracy or any content posted by entrants and reserves the right to remove content and/or disqualify entrants if necessary.
11. QUALITY AND OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Entries must not be, or contain anything that is illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit. By entering this competition, you confirm that the entry is your own, original, photograph and you confirm that your submission of the entry (and our use of the entry for the purposes described in clause 16) does not and will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights. We do not claim any rights of ownership in your entry, but we may use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format your entry for the purposes described in clause 15.
12. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize (if you win) except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents or distributors or that of our or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
14. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER COMPETITION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 16 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this competition.
15. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this competition, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may use your entry, name, image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
16. NO ENDORSEMENT BY THIRD PARTIES: This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook is not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this competition. By entering this competition, you are providing information to the promoter and its 3rd party associates contracted for the purpose of administering this competition and not to Facebook.
17. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF COMPETITION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this competition without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
18. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at https://blog.coop.co.uk/co-op-baking-competition-terms-and-conditions/. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
19. RELEVANT LAW: This competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.