- The promoter is Co-operative Group Limited (registered no. 525 R) with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester M60 0AG (the “Co-op”). References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the Promoter.
- This Promotion is open to any Co-op employee aged 16 years or over. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter.
- However, employees of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies) who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this giveaway are excluded from participating. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to participate. We may ask the successful participants to provide proof of age and employment.
- By participating in this Promotion, each participant confirms that they are eligible to do so and that they are eligible to claim the gift.
How to apply
- This Promotion will be open between 05.02.18 and closes on 07.02.18.
- Access to the internet is required. Entry is online via Facebook only. Participants must have an active Facebook account. No purchase of goods or services is necessary.
- On 11:00am on 05.02.18 the Co-op will publish a post on the Facebook page “Co-op Colleagues” (the “Facebook Page”) inviting followers to apply for a bunch of Co-op Fairtrade Roses (the “Facebook Post”).
- To apply to receive a bunch of Co-op Fairtrade Roses (“Roses”) a participant must:
- Like the Facebook Page using an active Facebook account;
- Post a comment on the Facebook Post by no later than 07.02.18; and
- Respond to a Facebook private message requesting the participant’s choice of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland postal address (“Postal Address”) within 1 working day.
- There are 100 bunches of Roses available which will be allocated to those who respond on a first come first served basis. Roses are subject to availability and rose variety may change. There is no cash alternative for the gift. The Co-op reserves the right to substitute the gift with one of equal or greater value. The gift cannot be claimed by a third party on a participant’s behalf.
- Participants will be informed whether they will receive a bunch of Roses by Facebook direct message from the Co-op on confirmation of their Postal Address. If the Co-op does not receive details of a valid Postal Address from a participant within 1 working day of requesting this information, then that participant will not qualify to receive a bunch of Roses. The Co-op accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or incorrect postal address provided.
- Successful participants should allow 3 days from providing their postal address for delivery of the gift (postage included). The Co-op accepts no responsibility for the gift being lost or delayed in the post or for any additional costs incurred for re-postage.
- Maximum 1 entry per person. Maximum 1 bunch of Roses per person. Participants are discouraged from creating multiple Facebook accounts for the purposes of participating in this Promotion. Any participant found to have done so may be excluded at the Co-op’s discretion.
- The Co-op will not be liable for Facebook comments which are not received or which are incomplete, corrupt or delayed for any reason. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The name and county of residence of each participant (if known) can be obtained by sending a SAE to Social Team, Core B, 8th Floor, 1 Angel Square, NOMA, Manchester, M60 0AG no earlier than 14 days after the closing date.
Limit of liability
- As far as is permitted by law, the Co-op, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a participant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the gift and participating in the Promotion except where it is caused by the negligence of the Co-op, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Co-op will also not be liable for system failures, network errors, errors or unavailability to the Facebook website and/or a participant’s Facebook account, hacks on the system or personal computer/mobile device issues.
- We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 18 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
- By taking part in this promotion, you agree that if are successful, we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may use your entry, name, image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
- Taking part in this Promotion shall constitute participants’ acceptance of these terms and conditions and their agreement to be bound by them and will take effect immediately upon participation.
- If there is any reason to believe that a participant has breached these terms and conditions, the Co-op may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude that participant from taking part in the Promotion.
- Multiple entries or entries that are deemed by the Co-op to be offensive or to constitute spam may also be disqualified at the Co-op’s discretion. The posting of infringing, defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or offensive content is prohibited. The Co-op shall not accept liability for the content or accuracy of any content posted by participants and reserves the right to remove content and to disqualify individuals from this Promotion at its absolute discretion.
- The Co-op also reserves the right to disqualify from this Promotion at its absolute discretion any participant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the Co-op’s opinion.
- The Co-op reserves the right to cancel this Promotion without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that make it necessary to do so.
- This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. Facebook shall not be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions. Each participant is providing information to the Co-op and not to Facebook.
- Facebook private message is not secure method of communication and any such transmissions are sent at the sender’s own risk.
The Co-op reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available on the Co-op’s website at https://blog.coop.co.uk/colleague-fairtrade-rose-prize-draw
- The Co-op’s decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions) and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This Promotion and the terms and conditions of it are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.