Terms and Conditions
1. PROMOTER: This competition is operated by Co-operative Group Limited, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 525R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATE: This competition opens on 00:01 on Wednesday 5th September 2018 and closes at 23:59 on Wednesday 3rd October 2018. Any entries made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be entered into this competition.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are over the age of 18. However, employees of the promoter or any of its group undertakings and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this competition are excluded from entering this competition. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
4. HOW TO ENTER: The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. Entrants must be members of the Co-operative Group Limited to enter. Entrants must complete the reporting task as part of Rioja wine reviewers wanted found at https://joinin.coop.co.uk/opportunities/168 and opt into the competition at the end of the task. All entries must be submitted via the Co-op membership online portal. Maximum of one entry per person
5. PRIZES: There are two types of prizes to be won. Maximum one prize per winner. The prizes include:
1 st Prize – 2x Trip for two people (winner + guest) (guest must be over the age of 18) to Rioja, Spain (includes 2 x economy return flights from either Manchester or London, 2 night accommodation (standard board), a tour of the Baron De Lay Estate (where the wine is made). The trip will commence during April 2019 but dates will be notified to the winner when available). The prize does not include additional food and drink, visas (if required), additional costs or travel insurance. ID may be required before you are able to redeem any aspect of the prize and you may be refused redemption if you do not provide suitable photographic ID (such as passport or driving license). In the event that the winner is unable to travel to Rioja, Spain, they must inform the Promotor immediately. A new winner will then be selected in accordance with clause 6 and no further prize shall be rewarded. This prize not exchangeable/transferable and no cash alternative can be requested. We may substitute the prize for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
2nd Prize – 100x winners of one bottle of Corte Mayor Rioja which will be posted to the address found on your Co-op Membership account. This gift of Corte Mayor Rioja is in exchange of you completing the review task outlined in the Join In Opportunity ‘Rioja wine reviewers wanted’ found at https://joinin.coop.co.uk/opportunities/168. Members who opt in to this competition must complete the review task upon receiving the bottle and feeding back by the date stated at the time. This prize not exchangeable/transferable and no cash alternative can be requested. We may substitute the prize for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Winners of the competition will be selected within 28 days after the closing date of the competition. The winner for the 1st prize will be chosen by a random draw from all of the entries. The winners for the 2nd prize will be chosen by taking into consideration the quality of the review submitted by the entrant, the successful entrants will be entered into a prize draw whereby 100 winners will then be drawn at random. The draw will be supervised by an independent adjudicator. Details of the independent adjudicator can be obtained by sending an email to JoinIn@coop.co.uk within 14 days after the closing date of the competition.
7. NOTIFICATION: We will contact winners within 14 days after the date of the prize draw. The winners will be notified by email (using the details provided by you at entry on your membership account) and you must provide by return email confirmation of your postal address to claim the prize. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Co-op will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described in clause 6.
8. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER AND ADJUDICATOR: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the competition, this will be decided by us. The decision of the adjudicator in relation to the winners is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. Our decision regarding any other aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. WINNER LIST: Winners’ names, respective counties of residence and copies of winning entries can be obtained by sending an email to JoinIn@coop.co.uk within 28 days after the closing date of the competition.
10. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this competition shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the competition.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify you from the competition if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
12. QUALITY AND OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES: Entries must not be, or contain anything that is illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit. By entering this competition, you confirm that the entry is your own, and does not and will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights. We may use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format your entry for the purposes described in clause 16.
13. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize (if you win) except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents or distributors or that of our or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
15. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER COMPETITION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 16 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this competition.
16. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this competition, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may use your entry, name, image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
18. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF COMPETITION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this competition without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
16. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at: https://blog.coop.co.uk/corte-mayor-rioja-competition/. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
20. RELEVANT LAW: This competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.
21. NO ENDORSEMENT BY THIRD PARTIES: This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter is not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this competition. By entering this competition, you are providing information to the promoter and its 3rd party associates contracted for the purpose of administering this competition and not to Facebook and Twitter.