Thank you for joining the Funeralcare WhatsApp trial. We’re conducting this experiment to see if we can help better connect Funeralcare colleagues with one another using the tools of the internet. We’ve had some success with WhatsApp already, over in the Food business. Over 3,000 Food managers from across the country participate in our WhatsApp for Store Managers network.
What’s WhatsApp and how does it work?
WhatsApp is a simple to use instant messaging service that connects to your mobile data or a wifi connection in order to send and receive messages. It’s available as a downloadable application (app) for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry and can be synced with some tablet and desktop devices too. You use WhatsApp like you would a text-message. You’re able to type messages to people you have a phone number for in your device’s contacts list. You can also participate in group conversations with up to 256 participants. As well as simple text messages you’re able to share images and voice recordings.
You use WhatsApp like you would a text-message. You’re able to type messages to people you have a phone number for in your device’s contacts list. You can also participate in group conversations with up to 256 participants.
As well as simple text messages you’re able to share images and voice recordings.
How will the trial work?
At the moment we’re trialling WhatsApp in Hayley Richmond’s region in Stoke-on-Trent. Hayley will host her own WhatsApp group chat as administrator, meaning she’ll have the power to add and remove participants. Members of the social media team will co-administer the groups, and some of you will already have met Scott Bennett.
As well as your fellow Funeralcare colleagues from your region, Ash Akhtar from Funeralcare Communications and Engagement team will participate in the group chat too if questions are directed to the internal communications team.
Before you on-board
XXXXX around policy
- Download WhatsApp for your relevant device, iPhone, Android, Windows Phone or BlackBerry.
- Register an account by following the on-screen instructions
- Send a text message or WhatsApp message with your full name and which trial WhatsApp group you’re part of (Hayley Richmond) to 07834 431558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we’ve processed your on-boarding you’ll find your region’s group chat in your chats tab.
1. Text messages – uses your phones internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
2. Group chat – Keep in touch with co-workers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also mute or customize notifications, and more
3. Voice and video calls – you can have face-to- face conversations for when voice or text just isn't enough. WhatsApp voice and video calls use your phone’s Internet connection, instead of your phones plan's voice minutes, so you don’t have to worry about expensive calling charges
4. Share documents – send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it’s easy to get what you need over to who you want.
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact us at email@example.com.
Social Media team