- The promoter is Co-operative Group Limited (registered no. 525 R) with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester M60 0AG (the “Co-op”). “Co-op Group” means the Co-op and each of its subsidiaries and group undertakings from time to time.
- The “Promotion” is titled #GoodEgg Product Giveaway
- By commenting on a Facebook post by “Co-op Colleagues” Facebook page and then responding to a private message on Facebook to confirm their postal address, entrants can receive one (1) of three thundred (300) available #GoodEgg gifts. Please read these terms and conditions in full for more information.
- Entry to this Promotion shall constitute entrants’ acceptance of these terms and conditions and their agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, then prospective entrants should not participate.
- This Promotion is open to residents of England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland who are aged 16 years or over. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter. We may ask Recipients to provide proof of age.
- Employees of the Co-op (or employees of other Co-op Group companies) are not excluded from participating in this Promotion, with the exception of any employees (and their immediate family members), their agents or related third parties who are directly connected with the administration of this Promotion.
- By participating in this Promotion, each entrant confirms that they are eligible to do so and that they are eligible to claim the gift. The Co-op may require entrants to provide proof of their eligibility to participate.
How to apply
- This Promotion will be open for entry from 17:00 on 31 March until 12:00 on 2 April (the “Closing Date”).
- Access to the internet is required. Entry is online via Facebook only. Entrants must have an active Facebook account. No purchase of goods or services is necessary.
- On 31 March at 17:00 the Co-op will publish:
- a post on the Facebook page “Co-op Colleagues” (the “Facebook Page”) inviting followers to apply for a #GoodEgg product (the “Facebook Post”)
- To apply for a #GoodEgg product
- via Facebook, an entrant must:
- like the Facebook Page;
- post a comment on the Facebook Post by no later than 12:00 on the Closing Date; and
- respond to a Facebook private message from the Co-op within six (6) hours of the Co-op sending this to confirm their England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland postal address.
- via Facebook, an entrant must:
- The recipients of a #GoodEgg product (“Recipients”) will be selected on a strictly first come first served basis. Entrants will be informed whether they are a Recipient by Facebook or Twitter direct message from the Co-op on confirmation of their England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland postal address.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if the Co-op does not receive details of a valid England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland postal address from an entrant within six (6) hours of the Co-op sending that entrant a Facebook requesting this information, then that entrant will not qualify to receive a #GoodEgg product.
- Facebook private message is not secure method of communication and any such transmissions are sent at the sender’s own risk.
- Maximum one (1) entry per person. Maximum one (1) #GoodEgg product per person. Entrants are discouraged from creating multiple Facebook accounts for the purposes of participating in this Promotion. Any entrant found to have done so may be excluded at the Co-op’s discretion.
- The Co-op will not be liable for entries which are not received or which are incomplete, corrupt or delayed for any reason. Proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Recipients will be gifted one (1) #GoodEgg product. Each #GoodEgg product is a Co-op Easter Egg Hunt Kit and a blank greetings card for the recipient to complete for their intended recipient.
- There are a total of three hundred (300) #GoodEgg products available. Gifts are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the gift. The Co-op reserves the right to substitute the gift with one of equal or greater value.
- The gift cannot be claimed by a third party on a Recipient’s behalf.
- Gifts will be delivered to England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland only (postage included). The Co-op accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or incorrect postal address provided.
- Recipients should allow 7 days from providing their postal address for delivery of the gift. The Co-op accepts no responsibility for the gift being lost or delayed in the post or for any additional costs incurred for re-postage.
- The name and county of residence of each Recipient will be available within six weeks after the Closing Date by sending a SAE to Social Team, Core B, 8th Floor, 1 Angel Square, NOMA, Manchester, M60 0AG.
Limit of liability
- As far as is permitted by law, the Co-op, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a Recipient or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the gift and participating in the Promotion except where it is caused by the negligence of the Co-op, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The Co-op will also not be liable for system failures, network errors, errors or unavailability to the Facebook or Twitter websites and/or an entrant’s Facebook or Twitter account, hacks on the system or personal computer/mobile device issues.
- By participating, entrants agree that, if they are a Recipient, the Co-op may use their name and details of their county of residence in accordance with clause 23 above.
- The Co-op may collect personal data from entrants under the Data Protection Act 1998. Unless an entrant is a Recipient, entrants’ personal information will be used to administer this Promotion only.
- If there is any reason to believe that an entrant has breached these terms and conditions, the Co-op may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude that entrant from participating in the Promotion.
- Multiple entries or entries that are deemed by the Co-op to be offensive or to constitute spam may also be disqualified at the Co-op’s discretion. The posting of infringing, defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or offensive content is prohibited. The Co-op shall not accept liability for the content or accuracy of any content posted by entrants and reserves the right to remove content and to disqualify individuals from this Promotion at its absolute discretion.
- The Co-op also reserves the right to disqualify from this Promotion at its absolute discretion any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the Co-op’s opinion.
- The Co-op reserves the right to cancel this Promotion without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that make it necessary to do so.
- This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter shall not be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions. Each entrant is providing information to the Co-op and not to Facebook or Twitter.
- The Co-op reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available on the Co-op’s website at http://coop.uk/2mW5259
- The Co-op’s decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions) and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This Promotion and the terms and conditions of it are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.