- The P
promoter is Co-operative Group Limited (registered no. 525
- This promotion is open to UK residents. However, employees managing this activation and its agencies who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion) are excluded from entering this promotion. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and (if you win) claim your prize. We may ask the winners to provide proof of age.
- By participating in this Promotion, each participant confirms that they are eligible to do so and that they are eligible to claim the prize. .
- This Promotion will be open from 22/06/2020, 08:00am and closes on 05/07/2020, 23:59pm (the “Promotional Period”). Maximum of one entry per person.
- Access to the internet is required. Entry is online via Twitter and Facebook. Participants must have an active Twitter or Facebook account. No purchase of goods or services is necessary.
How to apply
- To enter, comment on our “Co-op fortnight social media Co-operation post” on Facebook or Twitter during the Promotional Period telling us about the great examples of co-operation you’ve seen in your community and that person, group or cause could win one of ten £50 Co-op Gift Cards. Maximum of one entry per person.
- There are ten prizes to be won. Maximum one prize per winner. The prize is a £50 Co-op Gift Card. Co-op Gift Card terms and conditions apply. We may substitute or change the prize for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so but there will be no cash alternative. The winners will receive their prize 14 days after the winner selection and subject to clause 11 below (no response from winner).
- Winning entries will be drawn at random on 06/07/2020 by a randomised computer process.
- If you win, you will be notified via a direct message on Twitter or Facebook.
- If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- If the winner does not respond to us within 14 days of being notified by us, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be picked at random from the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the process described above in this clause 8.
- The first name and county of residence of each participant (if known) can be obtained by sending a SAE to Social Team, Core C, 3rd Floor, 1 Angel Square, NOMA, Manchester, M60 0AG no earlier than 14 days after the closing date.
Limit of liability
- As far as is permitted by law, the Co-op, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate a participant or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize and participating in the Promotion except where it is caused by the negligence of the Co-op, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 16
7below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
- By taking part in this promotion, you agree that if are successful, we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may use your entry, name, image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
- Taking part in this Promotion shall constitute participants’ acceptance of these terms and conditions and their agreement to be bound by them and will take effect immediately upon participation.
- If there is any reason to believe that a participant has breached these terms and conditions, the Co-op may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude that participant from taking part in the Promotion.
- Multiple entries or entries that are deemed by the Co-op to be offensive or to constitute spam may also be disqualified at the Co-op’s discretion. The posting of infringing, defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or offensive content is prohibited. The Co-op shall not accept liability for the content or accuracy of any content posted by participants and reserves the right to remove content and to disqualify individuals from this Promotion at its absolute discretion.
- The Co-op also reserves the right to disqualify from this Promotion at its absolute discretion any participant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer-generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the Co-op’s opinion.
- The Co-op reserves the right to cancel this Promotion without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that make it necessary to do so.
- This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter or Facebook. Twitter and Facebook shall not be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions. Each participant is providing information to the Co-op and not to Twitter or Facebook.
- The Co-op reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- The Co-op’s decision is final in every situation (including any not covered by these terms and conditions) and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This Promotion and the terms and conditions of it are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.