1. The promoter is Co-operative Group Limited (registered no. 525 R) with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester M60 0AG (the “ Co-op ”). “ Co-op Group ” means the Co-op and each of its subsidiaries and group undertakings from time to time.
- The “ Activity ” is titled the Member Ideas for Tackling Waste Opportunity.
- By opting to “Join in” on the Co-op membership website, entrants have the opportunity to suggest ideas for waste and packaging that could be trialled by Co-op. Please read these terms and conditions in full for more information.
- The Activity is open to current, registered, members of the Co-op who are resident in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland and who are in possession of a Co-op membership card.
- By applying for this Activity, each entrant confirms that they are eligible to do so.
- Employees of the Co-op (or employees of other Co-op Group companies) are not excluded from participating in this Activity, with the exception of any employees (and their immediate family members), their agents or related third parties who are directly connected with the administration of this Activity.
How to apply
- This Activity will run from 1200 on 5th April 2018 to 1700 on 7th May 2018 (the “ Closing Date ”).
- All entries must be received by the Co-op by no later than 1700 on the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified.
- To apply for this Activity, entrants must sign up through the “Join in” mechanism provided on the
- Entry to this Activity shall constitute entrants’ acceptance of these terms and conditions and their agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon application. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, then prospective entrants should not apply for this Activity.
- No purchase of goods or services is necessary to enter this Activity.
12. Maximum one (1) entry per person.
13. The shortlist of member ideas that will go forward to the next stage will be announced within 6 weeks of the closing date for ideas to be submitted, which is 7th May 2018. The decision of the Co-op is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Limit of liability
14. As far as is permitted by law, the Co-op, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Recipient or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the gift and participating in the Activity except where it is caused by the negligence of the Co-op, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Quality and Ownership of Ideas
15. Ideas must not be, or contain anything that is illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or explicit. By submitting an idea, you confirm that the idea is your own, and you confirm that your submission of the idea (and our use of the idea for the purposes described in clause 16) does not and will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights. Members accept that if their idea is selected to be taken forward to trial, they transfer to the Co-operative Group and its subsidiaries full rights and ownership of their idea and any benefits arising from such ownership, such as profits or savings, and any other benefits of any kind.
- By entering your idea, you agree that if your idea is selected to go forward to the next stage we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may use your entry, name, image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
- The Co-op may collect personal data from entrants under the Data Protection Act 1998. Unless the idea of an entrant is selected to go forward to the next stage, entrants’ personal information will be used to administer this Activity only.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
18. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at: https://blog.coop.co.uk/member-ideas-for-tackling-waste-terms-and-conditions/. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
19. If there is any reason to believe that an entrant has breached these terms and conditions, the Co-op may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude that entrant from participating in the Activity.
20. The Co-op reserves the right to cancel the Activity without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that make it necessary to do so.
21. The Co-op reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the terms and conditions at any time.
22. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.