“Students – Come in for a chance to win” – T&Cs
FOR DETAILS OF HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE USED, PLEASE SEE CLAUSES 13 AND 14.
1. PROMOTER: This promotion is operated by Co-operative Group Food Limited, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 26715R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. OPENING AND CLOSING DATES: This promotion is open on the dates/times specified on the entry form. Any entries made before the stated opening date and time or after the closing date and time will not be valid and will not be entered into this promotion.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. However, employees of the promoter (or any of its group undertakings and its agencies) who are directly connected with the creation and administration of this promotion are excluded from entering this promotion. We may ask the winners to provide proof of age.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Participants must visit a participating Co-op Group Food store between the times specified on the entry form and spend a minimum of £3 on groceries in a single transaction (“Qualifying Purchase”). Entrants who make a Qualifying Purchase will need to show their corresponding till receipt to a member of staff in order to enter the prize. To enter participants must complete the entry form (by providing their name and telephone number) and either hand in the completed entry form to a member of staff or place in the relevant promotional box. Entry forms must be completed and submitted within the specified opening and closing dates to be counted. Maximum of one entry per person
5. PRIZES: There is one prize available to be won per participating store. Maximum one prize per winner. Prize is: a £100 Co-op gift card. We may substitute or change the prize for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so but there will be no cash alternative.
Redemption of Co-op gift card is subject to the terms and conditions online https://food.coop.co.uk/in-store-services, printed or referred to thereon (including redemption before the expiry date, if stated). Gift cards are not exchangeable and no cash alternative can be requested. Gift cards are provided at our discretion and we may substitute or change the gift card for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Each participating store will draw the winner at random from all valid entries made on the specified day of activity.
7. NOTIFICATION: For each participating store’s draw, the winner will be notified by telephone via the contact details provided on the entry form within 7 days of being picked. If a winner does not respond to us within 3 days of being notified by us, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and another winner will be picked at random from the remaining eligible entries for that particular store’s draw.
8. DECISIONS OF THE PROMOTER: If there is any dispute about the receipt of validity of any entry or any other aspect of the promotion, this will be decided by us. Our decision regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. WINNER LIST: The winner’s name and respective county of residence (if known) can be obtained by ringing the Store Manager at the participating store for 7 days after the date the winner is picked.
10. AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Entry to this promotion shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the promotion.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold any prize and disqualify you from the promotion if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
12. NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ENTRIES NOT RECEIVED: We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully received by us, or which are delayed, due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
13. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ADMINISTER PROMOTION: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and other applicable or subsequent data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 14 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this promotion.
14. USE OF PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES: By entering this promotion, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf may use your entry, name, photo or image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
15. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF PROMOTION: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this promotion without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
16. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available instore. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
17. RELEVANT LAW: This promotion and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.