Please find the terms and conditions for the Join In opportunity ‘Road-Test a New Product’ below;
- The promoter is Co-operative Group Limited (registered no. 525 R) with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester M60 0AG (the “ Co-op ”). “Co-op Group ” means the Co-op and each of its subsidiaries and group undertakings from time to time.
- The “Activity ” is titled Road-Test a New Product .
- By opting to “Join in” on the Co-op membership website, entrants can receive a pro-iron steamer or soup maker in return for performing certain reporting activities. Please read these terms and conditions in full for more information.
- The Activity is open to current, registered, members of the Co-op and who are in possession of a Co-op membership card.
- By applying for this Activity, each entrant confirms that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the gift. The Co-op may require entrants to provide proof of their eligibility to apply for this Activity.
- Employees of the Co-op (or employees of other Co-op Group companies) are not excluded from participating in this Activity, with the exception of any employees (and their immediate family members), their agents or related third parties who are directly connected with the administration of this Activity.
How to apply
- This Activity will run from 4pm on Friday 23 Feb 2018 to 9am on 3 April 2018 (the “Closing Date ”).
- All entries must be received by the Co-op by no later than 9am on the Closing Date.
- All entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified.
- To apply for this Activity, entrants must sign up through the “Join in” mechanism provided on the Co-op membership website. In applying for this Activity, entrants agree that in return for receiving a gift they will carry out the Reporting Tasks (see below).
- Entry to this Activity shall constitute entrants’ acceptance of these terms and conditions and their agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon application. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, then prospective entrants should not apply for this Activity.
- No purchase of goods or services is necessary to enter this Activity.
- Maximum one (1) entry per person. Maximum one appliance per person.
- The winners of this Activity (“Recipients ”) will be selected by the Co-op Member Voice team based on the quality of the product review submitted. Entrants will be informed of their place on the Activity and whether they are a Recipient by electronic notification by 5pm on 3 April 2018.
- Recipients will be gifted one of the following:
● Morphy Richards 332014 Power Steam Elite Steam Generator Green or
● Braun IS3041 CareStyle 3 Steam Generator White or
● Morphy Richards 501018 Soup Maker Red 15.
2. There are a total of 3 Morphy Richards Irons, 3 Braun Irons and 4 soup makers available. Gifts are subject to availability. There is no cash alternative for the gift. The Co-op reserves the right to substitute the gift with one of equal or greater value.
3. The gift cannot be claimed by a third party on a Recipient’s behalf.
4. Recipients are, without limitation, responsible (at their own cost) for downloading the required application(s) and communicating with the Co-op (as part of the Reporting Tasks) via appropriate social media using a compatible mobile communication device.
Claiming the gift
- The Recipient must respond to the Co-op’s email notifying the Recipient of their place on the Activity within [three (3) days] to confirm their postal address and arrange for delivery of the gift. Gifts will be delivered to mainland UK, Isle of Wight and Northern Ireland only (postage included). The Co-op accepts no responsibility for any incomplete or incorrect postal address provided. The Co-op accepts no responsibility for the gift being lost or delayed in the post or for any additional costs incurred for re-postage.
- If the Co-op cannot contact a Recipient within three (3) days of the relevant application, the Recipient fails to arrange for the delivery of the gift by 29 March 2018; and/or at any time the Recipient informs the Co-op that they do not wish to participate in the Activity then the Recipient’s place on the Activity will be forfeited and the Co-op reserves the right to make the place available again to the other entrants through the “Join in” mechanism on the Co-op membership website.
- In return for receiving the gift, each Recipient shall do the following (collectively referred to as the “Reporting Tasks ”): – Use the appliance for a period of one month from delivery throughout the testing period, when prompted – -Use social media to feedback comments using the hashtag #CoopJoinIn; and – when prompted complete a short online survey.
- Details of the Recipients will be available from 12 noon on 3 April 2018. They can be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The decision of the Co-op is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Limit of liability
- As far as is permitted by law, the Co-op, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Recipient or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the gift and participating in the Activity except where it is caused by the negligence of the Co-op, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- By applying, entrants agree, if they are selected as a Recipient, to have their name, feedback and details published in related promotional materials, including but not limited to, the website, social media pages, magazine of the Co-op and other Co-op Group companies or within their promotional emails.
- The Co-op may collect personal data from entrants under the Data Protection Act 1998. Unless an entrant is selected to be a Recipient, entrants’ personal information will be used to administer this Activity only.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Revised terms and conditions will be available at: https://blog.coop.co.uk/test-drive-something-new-terms-and-conditions. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with any such changes.
- If there is any reason to believe that an entrant has breached these terms and conditions, the Co-op may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude that entrant from participating in the Activity. The Co-op reserves the right to cancel the Activity without prior notice in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control that make it necessary to do so. The Co-op reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the terms and conditions at any time. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.